Thursday, February 24, 2011

THE BOOKWORM SOFA -saturday edition's top 5

LEARNING TERMS IN LEISURE AND STYLE


1.) malleable- capable of being shaped when subject to pressure.
"Sculpting with iron, I was surprised to find out what a malleable substance it is when it's hot."




2.) indigenous- native to a particular region or environment.
"I never thought black bears were indigenous to this area, but i've come across three of them sniffing around in my garbage bins in the past year





3.)bumpkin- Awkward, unsophisticated person.
"What kind of bumpkin eats with his hands."





4.)chortle- to laugh or chuckle.
"Having aced the exam, he chortled at the teacher."




5.) kiosk- small structure with one or more open sides, used for selling, goods, services.
"I get my lunch at the kiosk near the bus stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment